- NurseGrid (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access or use the NurseGrid Mobile App (the “App”); the NurseGrid Website (the “Website”), the NurseGrid Managers Services (the “Service”), or the NurseGrid for Managers Enterprise (the “Enterprise Service”) (collectively, the “Products”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
- This policy applies to information we collect through the Products, or in email, text and other electronic communications sent through the listed Products, and via any other method.
- This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection, Section 8). These third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them. We do not collect personal health information. You may not use the Products to collect, provide or transmit any personal health information.
Children Under the Age of 13
- The Products are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- We collect information from and about users of our Products:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Products.
Information You Provide to Us
- When you download, register with or use the Products, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, professional credentials, worksite, credit card information, photo (for subscribers to the Service) (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as professional title, co-workers, work schedule, work manager name.
- This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Products. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Products and subscribing to the Service. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Products.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries, interactions, or other activity on the Products.
- Interactions with support content and emails sent by the company.
- You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) on public areas of the App and Website (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and that we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
- When you download, access and use the Products, they may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Products, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Products, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Products.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your browser, mobile device, and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Products also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device or computer. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. The NurseGrid for Nurses Mobile App collects real-time non-identifiable information about the location of devices using the application through third party analytics providers.
- If you do not want us to collect this information do not download this application on your device. If accessing NurseGrid through the web you may opt out at any time using the Google Analytics opt-out located here.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
- The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website, the App, and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
- When you use the Products, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you, your computer, or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies such as Google Analytics. Please visit Google’s Privacy page at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners for information about how Google uses data when you use its partners’ sites or apps.
- Your mobile device manufacturer and mobile service provider.
- These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Products. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
- We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
What Are Analytics and How Do We Use Them?
- Users of our Products use different operating systems and mobile devices. To make your visits as easy as possible with the technology you use, we use Analytics Tools such as Google Analytics that automatically keep track of information like the operating system (e.g., MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android) you use, your IP address, domain name of your Internet service provider, apps used before and after the App, resources used, and pages viewed and activities on our Products. We also track the total number of users of our Products in an aggregate form to allow us to update and improve them.
- The information we collect automatically typically does not include personal information (as defined above), but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
How We Use Your Information
- We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Products and their contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Product updates are available and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- as required by law,
- such as to comply with a subpoena, legal proceedings, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- in certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements,
- to investigate potential violations of the NurseGrid Terms of Service.
- to send emails to you to market and promote products and services, including the products and services of third parties, subject to applicable opt-out procedures in accordance with our Terms of Service.
- to develop aggregated, anonymous analyses and benchmarking reports.
- The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Products and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize your interactions with our Products according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Products.
- Add new features to increase the utility and usability of the product to deliver more value to you, the end user.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose aggregated anonymous information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
- NurseGrid respects the privacy of all users and will not release personal information to any third party for sales or marketing purposes, other than anonymous data for benchmarking purposes. We retain the right to disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to the following parties:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business or improve the NurseGrid products.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of NurseGrid’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by NurseGrid about our Product users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “invite colleague” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Master Services Agreement, Terms of Service and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NurseGrid, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use, & Disclosure of Your Information
- We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Do Not Track: Without an industry or legal standard for recognizing and responding to Do Not Track signals sent by users’ browsers, and without a universal method for turning off tracking at the device level, we do not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. To learn more about Do Not Track and how to set tracking options on different mobile devices and browsers, please visit www.allabouttdnt.com. If you block the use of trackers on your device, app, or browser, the Products may be inaccessible or not function properly. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
- You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Products and visiting your account profile page.
- You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- if you delete your User Contributions from the Products, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Product users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Products, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service.
Your California Privacy Rights:
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Products who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at 520 NW Davis Street, Suite 200, Portland, OR 97209.
- We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions are processed on a PCI-compliant third-party application.
- The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Products, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Products like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Products.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Products. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
- NurseGrid, 520 NW Davis St Suite 200, Portland, OR 97209
- or via our toll-free number: 1 (866) 635-8151
- or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org