Technical Support Engineer
NurseGrid is looking for a technical support engineer become an integral part of the Customer Success team, troubleshooting and escalating technical customer issues. This is an in-office position, working out of our Portland, OR headquarters. Relocation assistance will not be offered.
What you’ll be doing:
- Become a subject matter expert in NurseGrid functionality and technology
- Troubleshoot, reproduce, and document technical customer issues across the NurseGrid product suite, and across a variety of web and mobile environments
- Escalate issues as needed to the Development team, and act as single point of contact for escalation resolution
- Assist in testing new functionality prior to release to ensure changes meet customer expectations
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support
- Develop customer-facing support documentation, when appropriate, to summarize common support issues
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in a technical role, assisting external customers
- Understanding of technical fundamentals of the internet, such as HTTP and SSL
- Ability to take initiative and self-supervise
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer-focused mindset
- Flexible and adaptable to quickly changing priorities and competing events
- Familiarity with a CRM or ticketing system
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL, basic scripting knowledge
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar technical degree or equivalent experience is a plus
NurseGrid is a Portland-grown and venture-backed startup founded in 2013. With the mission of creating technology for nurses that makes their personal lives better, their professional lives more efficient, and contributing to improved outcomes in healthcare, we build innovative staffing, scheduling, and communication technology solutions for the healthcare industry. Over 300k nurses have downloaded our free mobile app (NurseGrid Mobile) and hundreds of nurse managers throughout the United States have activated accounts for our paid SaaS solution (NurseGrid Manager).
We are a small (28 person) but growing and always dynamic team. We work hard and produce high-quality work at a rapid pace, but we also have a ping pong table in our office, a couple non-work related Slack channels, a company volunteering initiative, and a team wide adoration of pets. We’re located in the heart of downtown Portland with a killer view of Mt. Hood and multiple transportation routes and options to the office. We offer a generous PTO package, medical/dental/vision benefits, work-from-home-Wednesdays, and six optional remote work days per quarter. Come enjoy the work, connect with the team, and set aside some time to enjoy everything the Northwest has to offer.
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with links to your resume and where you live on the internet.