NurseGrid is looking for a manual QA analyst to champion quality initiatives in a cross-functional team environment, defining and executing tests that ensure the product meets requirements and user expectations. This is an in-office position, working out of our Portland, OR headquarters. Relocation assistance will not be offered.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with Development and Product Management to identify requirements and create testing strategies
- Develop test plans and ensure acceptance tests verify the functionality and quality desired by users
- Perform manual testing across a variety of web and mobile environments
- Investigate and track defects and issues, and work with developers to reach resolution
- Provide clear and concise feedback on defects, usability, and other test results
- Work with Development and Customer Success to triage and troubleshoot customer-reported issues
- Coordinate with team members to ensure full coverage on releases
- Evangelize and implement QA best practices
- Become a NurseGrid product expert and source of knowledge to others within the team
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of QA testing experience in web or mobile products, preferably in an agile environment
- Ability to efficiently prioritize testing coverage and focus
- Ability to take initiative and self-supervise
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer-focused mindset
- Flexible and adaptable to quickly changing priorities and competing events
- Familiar with defect tracking and management systems
- Knowledge of API testing is a plus
- SQL knowledge a plus
- Experience working directly with customers is a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar technical degree or equivalent experience
NurseGrid is a Portland-grown and venture-backed startup founded in 2013. With the mission of creating technology for nurses that makes their personal lives better, their professional lives more efficient, and contributing to improved outcomes in healthcare, we build innovative staffing, scheduling, and communication technology solutions for the healthcare industry. Over 300k nurses have downloaded our free mobile app (NurseGrid Mobile) and hundreds of nurse managers throughout the United States have activated accounts for our paid SaaS solution (NurseGrid Manager).
We are a small (28 person) but growing and always dynamic team. We work hard and produce high-quality work at a rapid pace, but we also have a ping pong table in our office, a couple non-work related Slack channels, a company volunteering initiative, and a team wide adoration of pets. We’re located in the heart of downtown Portland with a killer view of Mt. Hood and multiple transportation routes and options to the office. We offer a generous PTO package, medical/dental/vision benefits, work-from-home-Wednesdays, and six optional remote work days per quarter. Come enjoy the work, connect with the team, and set aside some time to enjoy everything the Northwest has to offer.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com with links to your resume and where you live on the internet.