NurseGrid believes that those who do the most important work deserve the best technology. Over the past four years, we’ve created the number one nurse app in the United States and rolled out our SaaS solution to hundreds of nurse managers. Now we are ready to go even further. Our eight-person product team is looking to add two designers to help us achieve our goal of becoming the must-have mobile app and cloud-based schedule management software for nurses everywhere. If you want to work with a fast-paced dev team that has proven its success – but still has many goals to achieve – then we hope you’ll apply! This is an in-office position, working out of our Portland, OR headquarters. Relocation assistance will not be offered.
- Develop new and iterate upon existing design patterns, systems and experiences across web and/or mobile applications.
- Collaborate closely with internal engineering teams to implement intelligent, user-driven experiences
- Accelerate platform iteration and velocity through prototyping, research, and other forward-thinking initiatives
- Help champion design-led thinking across all teams within the organization
- Support branding and marketing initiatives
- 3+ years professional experience with web and/or mobile design.
- Excellent visual design skills and outstanding portfolio of interactive projects.
- Experience working collaboratively with product managers, engineers, other designers, and the department which represents the customer or user’s experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs.
- Detailed and practical understanding of best practices in user experience design.
- Proven ability to solve complex product and design issues.
- Someone who is meticulous, but able to iterate quickly
- Humility, thoughtfulness and a fine sense of humor
- Sketch: All of our existing design files were made with Sketch, and our engineersreference values or layout details in the Sketch files.
- Prototyping: To maximize dev time, our product team relies on prototypes beforebuilding. We seek a designer familiar with using Invision, Principle, Framer or After Effects.
- Git & BitBucket: Our design files are stored in a repository on BitBucket so we canmaintain one source of truth for all design files.
NurseGrid is a Portland-grown and venture-backed startup founded in 2013. With the mission of creating technology for nurses that makes their personal lives better, their professional lives more efficient, and contributing to improved outcomes in healthcare, we build innovative staffing, scheduling, and communication technology solutions for the healthcare industry. Over 300k nurses have downloaded our free mobile app (NurseGrid Mobile) and hundreds of nurse managers throughout the United States have activated accounts for our paid SaaS solution (NurseGrid Manager).
We are a small (28 person) but growing and always dynamic team. We work hard and produce high-quality work at a rapid pace, but we also have a ping pong table in our office, a couple non-work related Slack channels, a company volunteering initiative, and a team wide adoration of pets. We’re located in the heart of downtown Portland with a killer view of Mt. Hood and multiple transportation routes and options to the office. We offer a generous PTO package, medical/dental/vision benefits, work-from-home-Wednesdays, and six optional remote work days per quarter. Come enjoy the work, connect with the team, and set aside some time to enjoy everything the Northwest has to offer.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com with links to your resume and where you live on the internet.