The iOS Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining our core native NurseGrid iOS application. They will work closely with the product, customer support, sales and marketing teams to help define, develop and support initiatives that drive key business goals and objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, deploy and maintain platform-wide iOS applications
- Support development for new mobile platform features and experiences
- Provide technical assistance for customer support requests
- Work closely with the design team to ensure brand alignment across iOS applications
- Consistently improve application testing and quality assurance processes
- Collaborate with other engineering teams (API, operations, etc.) to ensure specifications and patterns fluidly integrate with iOS applications
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3+ years experience shipping production-ready, native iOS applications
- Experience with modern iOS libraries and dependency management systems (Alamofire, CocoaPods, SnapKit, etc.)
- Extensive experience working with RESTful APIs and third-party services
- Experience working closely with UX and design teams to deliver highly usable and flexible interfaces
- Experience building applications for a variety of devices and environments
Bonus Points For:
- Proficiency in leading UX and/or UI exercises
- Experience with React Native and/or native Android development
- Experience with frontend and/or backend development
- Working experience within a fast paced development environment
NurseGrid is a Portland-grown and venture-backed startup founded in 2013. With the mission of creating technology for nurses that makes their personal lives better, their professional lives more efficient, and contributing to improved outcomes in healthcare, we build innovative staffing, scheduling, and communication technology solutions for the healthcare industry. Over 300k nurses have downloaded our free mobile app (NurseGrid Mobile) and hundreds of nurse managers throughout the United States have activated accounts for our paid SaaS solution (NurseGrid Manager).
We are a small (28 person) but growing and always dynamic team. We work hard and produce high-quality work at a rapid pace, but we also have a ping pong table in our office, a couple non-work related Slack channels, a company volunteering initiative, and a team wide adoration of pets. We’re located in the heart of downtown Portland with a killer view of Mt. Hood and multiple transportation routes and options to the office. We offer a generous PTO package, medical/dental/vision benefits, work-from-home-Wednesdays, and six optional remote work days per quarter. Come enjoy the work, connect with the team, and set aside some time to enjoy everything the Northwest has to offer.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com with links to your resume and where you live on the internet.