NurseGrid is looking for a Frontend Engineer to help ship and maintain great products for healthcare professionals around the country. The ideal candidate is passionate about building and iterating on products using a variety of technologies. This is an in-office position, working out of our Portland, OR headquarters. Relocation assistance will not be offered.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, implement and maintain core frontend components across all client applications
- Work closely with the product team to spec, design and implement new features and products
- Help establish best practices for all phases of application development
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, support and operation teams to build and maintain supporting materials
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience building digital products and/or interactive experiences
- SASS experience
- Comfort with the command line and Git
- Some working PHP and MySQL knowledge
- Ability to work closely with backend developers
- Strong desire to craft high quality user experiences
Bonus points for:
- Native iOS or Android development experience
- React Native or Cordova/PhoneGap/Ionic experience
- Ruby on Rails experience
- User interface design experience
- Amazon Web Services experience
NurseGrid is a Portland-grown and venture-backed startup founded in 2013. With the mission of creating technology for nurses that makes their personal lives better, their professional lives more efficient, and contributing to improved outcomes in healthcare, we build innovative staffing, scheduling, and communication technology solutions for the healthcare industry. Over 300k nurses have downloaded our free mobile app (NurseGrid Mobile) and hundreds of nurse managers throughout the United States have activated accounts for our paid SaaS solution (NurseGrid Manager).
We are a small (28 person) but growing and always dynamic team. We work hard and produce high-quality work at a rapid pace, but we also have a ping pong table in our office, a couple non-work related Slack channels, a company volunteering initiative, and a team wide adoration of pets. We’re located in the heart of downtown Portland with a killer view of Mt. Hood and multiple transportation routes and options to the office. We offer a generous PTO package, medical/dental/vision benefits, work-from-home-Wednesdays, and six optional remote work days per quarter. Come enjoy the work, connect with the team, and set aside some time to enjoy everything the Northwest has to offer.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com with links to your resume and where you live on the internet.